An individual can be referred to a Mobile Crisis Team if they are experiencing or at risk of experiencing a psychological or psychiatric crisis, and are unable or unwilling to access care in the community. The goal of the Mobile Crisis Team is to assess the person and family needs, help to manage the situation and connect the person to services of his or her choice in the community. Mobile Crisis Teams can be made up of nurses, social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists, community liaisons and peers. Services are short term, usually up to two weeks. NYC Well is the single point of access for Mobile Crisis Team Services for NYC.
Providers requesting a mobile crisis referral for an individual in their care are strongly encouraged to use the expedited online submission during the hours of 9am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). NYC Well’s MCT Referral Online Form is a short, one-page form that takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. Once received, the referral will be processed in approximately 20 minutes and a staff member will contact you to advise of the outcome of the request. By taking advantage of the online submission process you will save time, and also allow NYC Well phone counselors to be more available to assist individuals in crisis.
The MCT online form can be accessed here. Outside of these hours, providers can also request a Mobile Crisis Team referral by calling NYC Well .
MCT referrals are accepted from 9 – 4:30pm EST weekdays (excluding holidays)
We’re sorry, the Mobile Crisis Team Referral system is closed right now. NYC Well is the single point of access for Mobile Crisis Team Services for NYC operating 24/7/365. Please check back during our regular business hours of 9am to 4:30pm EST, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Outside of these hours, call 1-888-NYC-WELL to make a referral.
How to Submit a MCT Referral Online
- Complete the brief screening form to determine if a Mobile Crisis Team Referral is the appropriate level of care for your client.
- If the individual meets the preliminary eligibility criteria, you will be directed to the form.
- If the screening form directs you to call 1-888-NYC-WELL, please keep the screening questions open while you call. The counselor will provide you with guidance to complete the screening form or provide you with alternatives.
- Complete the MCT Online Referral form
- Please complete all required information so that we may determine if the individual referred meets criteria.
- Technical Difficulties
- If you have tried to submit the online form and encounter an error message or other technical issues, please call 1-888-NYC-WELL to speak to a counselor.
- It is also recommended that you contact your IT Department to ensure you are using the most up-to-date version of your web browser.
After You Submit Your Referral
- After you submit the online form, you will receive a link to a Thank You page with a reference number for the referral. Click on the link to get to this page.
- All referrals are pending until reviewed and approved by NYC Well.
- You or your designee must be available to answer any questions NYC Well may have within 1 hour of submitting your form.
- If your referral is incomplete, NYC Well staff will contact you and let you know what is missing. You will be asked to provide additional details or resubmit the form.
- If the referral is accepted, NYC Well staff will contact you within 1 hour to provide the name and details of the MCT.
- If the referral is declined, NYC Well staff will contact you within 1 hour to discuss alternatives. Please email the NYC Well MCT Counselors MCTfeedback@vibrant.org if you have not heard back from NYC Well within an hour to make sure that your online submission was received. You may also call 212-614-5742, select 1 for MCT Online.