Providers requesting a mobile crisis referral for an individual in their care can expedite their request by submitting their request online during the hours of 9am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). NYC Well’s MCT online referral form is a short, one-page form that takes about 10 minutes to complete. The MCT online form can be accessed here. Referrals can also be requested by phone by calling NYC Well .
By Phone: Call 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355) and ask to speak with a counselor to make a mobile crisis team referral. The counselor will need to gather information from you about the individual you are referring and will then make a determination that mobile crisis is the right level of care before making a referral to the Mobile Crisis Team.
MCT referrals are accepted from 9 – 4:30pm EST weekdays (excluding holidays)
We’re sorry, the Mobile Crisis Team Referral system is closed right now. NYC Well is the single point of access for Mobile Crisis Team Services for NYC operating 24/7/365. Please check back during our regular business hours of 9am to 4:30pm EST, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Outside of these hours, call 1-888-NYC-WELL to make a referral.
How to Submit a MCT Referral Online
- Complete the brief screening form to determine if a Mobile Crisis Team Referral is the appropriate level of care for your client.
- If the individual meets the preliminary eligibility criteria, you will be directed to the form.
- If the screening form directs you to call 1-888-NYC-WELL, please keep the screening questions open while you call. The counselor will provide you with guidance to complete the screening form or provide you with alternatives.
- Complete the MCT Online Referral form
- Please complete all required information so that we may determine if the individual referred meets criteria.
- Technical Difficulties
- If you have tried to submit the online form and encounter an error message or other technical issues, please call 1-888-NYC-WELL to speak to a counselor.
- It is also recommended that you contact your IT Department to ensure you are using the most up-to-date version of your web browser.
After You Submit Your Referral
- After you submit the online form, you will receive a link to a Thank You page with a reference number for the referral. Click on the link to get to this page.
- All referrals are pending until reviewed and approved by NYC Well.
- You or your designee must be available to answer any questions NYC Well may have within 1 hour of submitting your form.
- If your referral is incomplete, NYC Well staff will contact you and let you know what is missing. You will be asked to provide additional details or resubmit the form.
- If the referral is accepted, NYC Well staff will contact you within 1 hour to provide the name and details of the MCT.
- If the referral is declined, NYC Well staff will contact you within 1 hour to discuss alternatives. Please email Gail Bower, LMSW GBower@mhaofnyc.org if you have not heard back from NYC Well within an hour to make sure that your online submission was received. You may also call 212-614-5742, select 1 for MCT Online.
Attend a MCT Online Information and Feedback Session
Please join us at one of our monthly MCT Online Information and Feedback Sessions. Registrants are able to join us in person or online for this conference. Please click here to register for October-December sessions.
If you have trouble registering, please email Gail Bower at GBower@mhaofnyc.org with the date of the conference you would like to attend and whether you will attend in person or online.